Saturday, January 23, 2010

Reaching Ultimate Wellness


I start my Blog with the subject of Wellness. I start this because this is what I do, I am on a journey in helping people reach ultimate wellness. Even though Wellness has many meanings, meanings which involve health, financial prosperity, relationships, mental etc.

The main variations of wellness I will be touching on is Health and financial prosperity which I believe are the fundamentals of having a better life and ultimately reaching ultimate wellness.

Firstly lets define the the word "Wellness".

What is the Definition of Wellness?
"The condition of good physical and mental health, especially when maintained by proper diet, exercise and habits" according to the American Heritage Dictionary.

"Its about feeling better and looking better" according to Mark Hughes, founder Herbalife.

"Wellness is about waking up every morning and having enough time, energy and freedom to live the life you want"

According to Dr David Heber is a Professor of Medicine and Director, UCLA Center for Human Nutrition, "Good Nutrition is vital to wellness and enhances the overall quality of life."


What does Wellness mean to you?

So what are the factors that Impact Health?


  • Fast food diets that are high in fat and low in nutrients.

  • Overly-processed, convenience foods.

  • Sedentary lifestyle.

  • Pollution.

  • Stress.

  • Certain medications.

  • Lack of dietary fiber from fruits, vegetables and whole grains.

  • Not enough healthy sources of protein in our diets to support healthy muscle and bone.

  • Lack of proper rest.

The keys to Optimum Wellness



  1. Balance your Diet - You need to get enough of the right foods including colorful fruits and vegetables, protein, good carbohydrates and just enough good fats for the taste you want. You also need vitamins, minerals and fiber from dietary supplements to provide the nutrition missing from your diet that your cells need for good health.


  2. Exercise Regularly - regular exercise can help you feel and look your best. Exercise conditions your heart and relieves stress and makes it easier to achieve and maintain a healthy body weight.


  3. Drink lots of Water - Your body is about two-thirds water, in an average day you lose at least one pint of water even without excessive sweating. To feel your best, you should drink 6 to 8 glasses of water a day.

Here are some steps for Achieving Optimum Wellness:



  • Define Your Wellness Goals

  • Have an evaluation of your personal wellness.

  • Identify key areas you need to impact to reach your wellness goals.

  • Get recommendations from your Personal Wellness Coach.

  • Make a plan of action that you can commit to.

  • Get ongoing support you need to stay on your wellness track for a healthier future.

Let me say I myself have not reach optimum wellness though lets just say that after 4 years at eating the right foods and doing regular exercise, I feel that my health has changed considerably.


I no longer get sick like I used to, in fact I hardly get sick at all. I do at occasions may get a sniffle, though this goes away within 24 hours.


I also used to have hay fever during the spring/summer season and now I never get this no more.


I also used to have sinus irritations which include constant sneezing, red irritated eyes and drowsiness and guess what... these symptoms don't occur no more.


I have managed to keep my weight constant for 4 years and my energy levels have always been high.


The human body is an incredible thing, it just shows that if you give it everything it needs in balance and have regular exercise, it manages to heal itself.


Just one more point I want to mention, that is with the all the way food is being grown and process there is absolutely no chance that a person can get all the nutrition it needs from the food they eat without getting overweight. The nutrition value in foods in these times compared to 50 years ago has depreciated so much that people will need to eat over 4000 calories to make sure they provide their bodies with the right amount of nutrition.


So, I suggest that everybody start taking high quality supplements which include a Multi-vitamin, Omega 3 Fish Oils, Calcium which include Vitamin D, an Anti-Oxidant and other supplements which may support the human body.


For 4 years now, I have always had a Herbalife Nutritional Shake which has all the right amounts of nutrients my body needs in balance which include Protein, Carbohydrates, Sugar & Fiber. I also take 3 times a day a Multi-vitamin, Omega 3 Fish Oil, an Anti-Oxidant, Calcium, Iron and fiber.


Hey it was a little different at first though it becomes normal after a while and I have gotten all the benefits of a change of lifestyle. I feel absolutely great every single day.


Get your FREE wellness evaluation & Sample today. make an inquiry at www.shapeofyourlife.com/rmilan


No comments:

Post a Comment